Monday, August 01, 2005

Queen Mary running low

I had a brief sail yesterday in a frustrating force 0-1-2. This was all good practice for keeping the boat upright dead downwind, which is by far the hardest part to mothing. It can be thought of as riding a bike slowly, the unstability is amplified as you have no pressure in the sail to balance against.

The most alarming part of the sail was when I had to pull my boat about 30ft up the 45 degree concrete bank. When I first launched my boat this was about 10ft. Now I'm hearing that if this continues then soon the reservoir may have to be closed because the rescue boats cannot be launced.

The worrying thing i just how quickly the water level has plummeted, it dropped a metre in a week which may not sound like much, but for londons largest lake (well over a mile in diameter in places) this is phenominal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home