Saturday, January 07, 2006

Bloody Mary...

Possibly the biggest winter event of the year, the bloody mary was a complete waste of time for moths. No wind at all, max gust of about 2knts. It was one of those rare days that I wished I had a stable boat.

For the uninitiated moth sailing in no wind is like riding a bike very slowly, everything turns into a frustrating balancing act. This is much to the amusement of all nearby sailors who can sit back and enjoy show.

So I managed about an hour before I turned back to shore, during that period I'd only sailed several hundred yards. Luckily enough the press boat motored past and snapped a quick photo while I wasn't looking. I attached it below so you can get an idea of the balancing act required. All credits to fotoboat.com please excuse the ahem "borrowed" image...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home