Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Dinghy Show

Last weekend I was one of small core of people manning the Moth stand at the RYA's Dinghy show at Alexandra Palace, a mere two hours away on the underground.

The boat that was on the stand was Sam Pascoe's brand new 8k mk3 Mistress. It has been described as a 'gucci' moth, I won't go as far as that but its definately a high quality racing machine. Linton told me one of his big aims with this boat is to focus on making it strong. A refreshing attitude, with the loads on these boats at high levels already. People get better and more confident all the time especially in the breezier stuff, the boats need to step it up as well.

There are a lot of neat ideas on the hull some of which will be fully explained in lintons design review. But the central wand with its own channel cut in the hull, so it sits flush when in the max up position. Its what we've all been wanting but it has taken a long time for someone to get on with the engineering and do it. Theres a few nice ideas as well but I'm not sure I should be the one spilling them out into wider press just yet.

If only I hadn't just spent a large wedge on a nice new Golf I may have put in an order with linton...

Have I made the right decision..




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home